Thursday, October 11, 2007

aMazeIn 5K

I've always like mazes, and particularly making mazes for people and kids' activities. So I've always wanted to write a program that does it automatically. The best type of maze is a complete maze, because you can choose any two points on the perimeter and there must be a way through. That's what this program makes. I hope you can use it to make activities for kids church and things like that. Check it out here.

This was originally an idea for the 5k.org competition, but after the competition closed down, there wasn't really the impetus to write it up. But since then (yes 6 years ago!) I started to get a clearer picture in my head of how it would work. Its not really under 5k as the title suggests, but I'm pretty confident it could easily be taken down to that size.

You can set the size of the maze, and the size of the individual maze units. I haven't included any ability to change the frequency of the path divisions, but it can be done.

No comments: