Friday, November 09, 2007

Projected results expected lower

I'm both happy and disappointed with my project. In the end it was titled:
An Evaluation of the 'Ontological' Explanation of Christ's Representative Ability in Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics.
I liked it because I got to think about why Christ gets to represent us, rather than just anyone. But I wish I had more depth than just looking at uncle Karl. I would have much rather done a sweeping overview of a few positions and then done a much more thorough biblical investigation. But in all honesty, if I had wanted to do that, I would have ended up doing a theology of priesthood. But that wouldn't have been all bad either.
I think the idea of priesthood is an under developed area of Christology, partly because the Priests were the first to be called Anointed Ones (the Christs). Therefore, at the very heart of what a Christ is, we should see a sense of priesthood. It could be that the Kingly sense of 'Christ' has built on top of this priestly idea, rather than just trying to incorporate priestly idea's as most people seem to think.

No comments: